Transmission in Belgium
Transmission Services in Belgium
Enjoy the most connected transmission grid in Europe:
- Extensive access to the Northwest European market areas.
- Direct link to LNG terminals in Zeebrugge and Dunkerque.
- Connected to the European production facilities.
- Linked to the Loenhout storage facility.
Providing you the European gas flow crossroad with 12 interconnection points:
- Transmission from Dutch and Norwegian production sites to France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Italy.
- Bi-directional transmission between the United Kingdom and continental Europe.
- The offer of a wide range of arbitrage and trading opportunities on the ZTP market.
- The flexibility offered by the market based balancing system.
Benefit from a direct connection to:
- Over 230 large industrial sites, power stations, combined heat and power units connected to our grid.
- Over 70 aggregated receiving stations on our grid for the local distributors to the households and small and medium enterprises.
- More than 90 customers already make use of our transmission services.
Balansys, the market based balancing system
Since 2015, Fluxys Belgium and Creos Luxembourg, merged the Belgian and Luxembourg H-gas markets in one cross-border integrated gas market. They created “Balansys” which has been appointed as the Balancing Operator which offers the balancing services in the BeLux area.