Transmission in Belgium
Transmission Services in Belgium
Enjoy the most connected transmission grid in Europe:
- Extensive access to the Northwest European market areas.
- Direct link to LNG terminals in Zeebrugge and Dunkerque.
- Connected to the European production facilities.
- Linked to the Loenhout storage facility.
Providing you the European gas flow crossroad with 12 interconnection points:
- Transmission from Dutch and Norwegian production sites to France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Italy.
- Bi-directional transmission between the United Kingdom and continental Europe.
- The offer of a wide range of arbitrage and trading opportunities on the ZTP market.
- The flexibility offered by the market based balancing system.
Benefit from a direct connection to:
- Over 230 large industrial sites, power stations, combined heat and power units connected to our grid.
- Over 70 aggregated receiving stations on our grid for the local distributors to the households and small and medium enterprises.
- More than 90 customers already make use of our transmission services.
Balansys, the market based balancing system
Since 2015, Fluxys Belgium and Creos Luxembourg, merged the Belgian and Luxembourg H-gas markets in one cross-border integrated gas market. They created “Balansys” which has been appointed as the Balancing Operator which offers the balancing services in the BeLux area.
For shippers - All transmission services
More information on operational readiness.
For Belgian End Consumers
Your data on Natural Gas Specifications, how we establish quantities of gas delivered and historical composition of the natural gas imported into Belgium can be found here.