Fluxys in Belgium
Who we are
We are Belgium's independent operator of the high-pressure natural gas transmission network, the natural gas storage infrastructure in Loenhout and the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Zeebrugge. We combine expertise with close customer interaction to provide high-level services for their supplies into Belgium and the markets beyond. As a Fluxys group company it is our mission to contribute to a sustainable energy future and our passionate teams secure reliable and affordable energy flows into the market.
Your Transmission Services
Enjoy the most connected transmission grid in Europe:
- Extensive access to the Northwest European market areas.
- Direct link to LNG terminals in Zeebrugge and Dunkerque.
- Connected to the European production facilities.
- Linked to the Loenhout storage facility.
Providing you the European gas flow crossroad with 12 interconnection points:
- Transmission from Dutch and Norwegian production sites to France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Italy.
- Bi-directional transmission between the United Kingdom and continental Europe.
- The offer of a wide range of arbitrage and trading opportunities on the ZTP market.
- The flexibility offered by the market based balancing system.
Benefit from a direct connection to:
- Over 230 large industrial sites, power stations, combined heat and power units connected to our grid.
- Over 70 aggregated receiving stations on our grid for the local distributors to the households and small and medium enterprises.
- More than 90 customers already make use of our transmission services.
Get connected to the Belgian gas network
- Connect your industry or power plant directly to our grid
- Get your green gas into the Belgian grid
- Guarantees of origin for green gas
Your LNG Solutions
The Zeebrugge (Belgium) and Dunkirk (France) LNG terminals provide you with maximum flexibility for unloading or loading any type of LNG ship, transshipment between LNG ships, LNG truck loading and LNG regasification for injection into the transmission network.
Your Storage Options
Loenhout storage facility is the perfect solution to store your natural gas.
This facility is an aquifer storage for high calorific natural gas with a capacity of 770 mcm in gas volume.
Why store your gas at Loenhout (Belgium) ?
- Seize every market opportunity and get storage capacity that is connected to several liquid markets and terminals
- Switch easily from injection to withdrawal mode or make last minute (re)nominations
- Adapt to variations in gas consumption and entry flows throughout the year
- Get access to a secure and flexible gas supply