Imbalance Smoothing Allocation
Limit the effect of the offtake profile of the distribution networks
Limit the effect of the (predictable) offtake profile of the distribution networks. An imbalance smoothing profile, aiming at neutralising on a daily basis part of the imbalance caused by the hourly profiled flow on the distribution networks, is allocated to you for your final customers and possible local producer on the distribution networks.
How much quantities will be injected into and withdrawn from my grid user balancing position?
The hourly imbalance smoothing allocations are calculated according to the total forecasted flow of the distribution networks and your provisional allocations to the distribution networks. They are communicated to you on a day-ahead basis and indicatively forecasted for the next 3 days.
The monthly Imbalance Smoothing Allocation being the daily quantity that will be injected into and withdrawn from the grid user balancing positions of all Network Users during such month is expressed in GWh and shown in the following table:
In consultation with Regulator CREG and linked to the L to H conversion program in Belgium, the values of the monthly Imbalance Smoothing Allocations for the Belux L-zone will be adjusted.
The new monthly Imbalance Smoothing Allocations expressed in GWh as shown below will come into effect from June 1st, 2023.
More information about the Imbalance Smoothing Allocation
How to book an Imbalance Smoothing Allocation?
- No booking needs to be done
- The Imbalance Smoothing quantities will be automatically allocated if you are supplying the distribution network.
Useful links for you
- Transmission BelgiumOur Products
- Become a transmission shipper at Fluxys BelgiumBecome a Transmission shipper
- terms and conditions Fluxys Belgium - transmissionTerms & Conditions
- Price calculatorPrice Simulator
- Maintenances BEMaintenance
- Electronic Data PlatformElectronic Data Platform
- Operational Information Transmission BelgiumOperational Information
- Be-trans-transparency-requirementsTransparency Requirements
Your point of contact
- Svetlana Bochkova
- Werner Luyts
- Ernest Vandermeulen
- Pieterjan Serruys
- Not yet a customer?
- Questions regarding our Products & ServicesCommercial team