Fluxys Logo | Go to homepage
Products & Services
Becoming a shipper
Determining capacity need
Terms & Conditions
Connect to the Belgian grid
Connect local producers
Guarantees of origin for green gas
Gas & Innovation
The Fluxys group
Carbon neutral Belgium
Management & Governance
NEL & EUGAL Pipelines
Transitgas Pipeline System
Safety & Environment
Construction site history
Safety and Environment
Ship-to-ship LNG bunkering service started in the port of Zeebrugge
The bunkering vessel ENGIE Zeebrugge performed in the port of Zeebrugge, Belgium, its first deliveries of LNG (liquefied natural gas) as a marine fuel to M/V AUTO ECO and M/V AUTO ENERGY, the two new gas-propelled pure car and truck carriers (PCTCs) of UECC. The LNG bunkering operations were conducted at the same time that the cargo operations for PCTCs were taking place.
Regulated information: results for the first half of 2018
Information on key events in the first half of 2018 and their impact on the financial situation of Fluxys Belgium:
- Regulated turnover remains constant
- Net profit totals €24.3 million (€22.9 million during the first half of 2017)
- Investments: €52.9 million, mainly relating to the construction of the fifth tank at Zeebrugge LNG terminal
- Fluxys Belgium's infrastructure confirms its role as a crossroads for the natural gas market in North-Western Europe
- Natural gas consumption on the Belgian market remains stable
- Activity increases at Zeebrugge LNG terminal
- First transshipment of LNG directly between two vessels
- Energy transition: innovative gas applications gain ground
- First successful large-scale L/H conversion
- New tariff methodologies applicable from 2020 onwards
Regulated information - This press release relays the information contained in the notification received by Fluxys Belgium from Fluxys SA and Publigaz SCRL. In its capacity as an issuer of shares with its registered office in Belgium, Fluxys Belgium disseminates this information in accordance with the legislation on transparency (Title II of the law of 2 May 2007 and the Royal Decree of 14 February 2008).
PEGAS ZTP monthly gas price index attractive new option for end users and suppliers in Belgium
14 September 2017 – As liquidity and market depth at the Belgian gas trading place ZTP continues to increase, pan-European gas trading platform PEGAS has launched a ZTP monthly price index. The monthly index offers end users and grid users in Belgium an attractive alternative for currently used price references in gas supply contracts.
Fluxys Belgium: successful long-term bond issuance of €350 million
Fluxys Belgium has successfully issued two bonds with a total nominal value of €350 million at historically low credit spreads and for long-term maturities. Total market appetite reached €880 million, which reconfirms the confidence of European institutional investors in Fluxys Belgium’s credit quality and the key role of the Belgian natural gas grid as crossroads for Northwestern Europe.
Regulated information: 2019 results
• Turnover up to €531.0 million (2018: €503.2 million)
• Net profit up to €69.5 million (2018: €54.5 million)
• Proposal to the Annual General Meeting on 12 May 2020:
gross dividend of €1.30 per share (2018: €1.26 per share)
• Investments in infrastructure: €91.3 million, mainly for the construction of the fifth storage tank at the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Zeebrugge
• 2020-2023 transmission tariffs approved: reduction in tariffs
• Zeebrugge LNG terminal boosts its prospects
o Record traffic for both large-scale and small-scale LNG
o Unloading of LNG carriers: new long-term contract until 2044
o LNG transshipments: start of long-term contract until end 2039
• Practical steps to move the energy transition forward: fully targeting green gas and already achieving results with natural gas
• Roll-out of action plan to halve our own greenhouse gas emissions by 2025
Fluxys and Enagás close transfer of Swedegas
Belgian and Spanish natural gas infrastructure companies Fluxys and Enagás have closed the joint sale to FS Gas Transport AB of their total stake in Swedegas, owner and operator of the high-pressure gas grid in Sweden.
Energy transition in the port of Antwerp: new impetus for LNG as an alternative fuel for ships
Fluxys has taken over the concession in the port of Antwerp at quay 526-528 to make liquefied natural gas (LNG) available as an alternative fuel for ships and barges, in one of the Port Authority's key initiatives to make the port's activities more sustainable. Fluxys will add a permanent LNG bunkering facility by the end of next year to complement the existing mobile (truck-to-ship) bunkering service.
World’s first top category ice class LNG carrier calls at Zeebrugge LNG terminal
The world’s first top category ice class LNG carrier has docked at the Zeebrugge liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal for a series of scheduled operations. The vessel will be serving the Yamal LNG production terminal under construction in North Siberia.
Important step in the development of the hydrogen economy: plan for the first industrial power-to-gas installation in Belgium (Zeebrugge)
Eoly (part of Colruyt Group), Parkwind and Fluxys want to build an installation in Zeebrugge to convert renewable electricity into green hydrogen on an industrial scale. The feasibility study for the project turned out positive and today, the consortium is issuing a call for tenders for its construction. The partners aim to take a final investment decision after the summer.
First injection of green gas into the Walloon network
The first site in Wallonia for the injection of biomethane into the gas network is now operational. This is a major step forward that not only contributes to Wallonia’s energy transition process, but also to the construction of a new model for the circular economy.
Planning permission received for de-odorisation plant
In late October, the regional authorities in Freiburg granted planning permission for the de-odorisation plant near Schwörstadt (in the district of Lörrach in Baden-Württemberg). Preparatory construction activities are already underway.
Fluxys becomes core shareholder of Dunkirk LNG terminal
Today, Fluxys with consortium partners AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets, acting on behalf of its clients, and Crédit Agricole Assurances have closed the transaction to jointly acquire from EDF and Total a 35.76% stake in Dunkerque LNG, owner of the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Dunkirk. Through the acquisition the Dunkirk LNG terminal is now part of the Fluxys group.
Fluxys and Novatek take a new step for mid-scale LNG storage terminal in the port of Rostock, Germany
Today, the Fluxys and Novatek joint venture Rostock LNG GmbH has signed a Land Lease Agreement with the Port of Rostock with a view to building and operating a mid-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage terminal in the port. The envisaged facility is to unlock LNG as a low emission alternative for heavy fuel oil, diesel and LPG in North and Central Europe and the Baltic Sea area.
Colruyt Group (Eoly), Parkwind and Fluxys join forces in power-to-gas
Eoly, part of Colruyt Group, Fluxys and Parkwind have set up a collaboration to boost the sustainability of the energy landscape in Belgium. The ambition is to build an industrial-scale power-to-gas installation that converts green electricity into green hydrogen that can be transported and stored in the existing natural gas infrastructure.
Fluxys merger with wholly owned subsidiary Fluxys Finance
Fluxys today has undertaken an acquisition merger with its wholly owned subsidiary Fluxys Finance that was in charge of the centralised management of cash funds and financing within the group. These activities will now be carried out by Fluxys itself.
Regulated information: results for the first half of 2017
Information on key events in the first half of 2017 and their impact on the financial situation of Fluxys Belgium
- Turnover up, mainly due to the start of contracts for gas transmission between Dunkirk and Zeebrugge
- Slight upturn in interest rates has positive impact on the Group’s results
- €36.0 million in investments, mainly in the fifth storage tank and second jetty at the LNG terminal in Zeebrugge
- Fluxys Belgium’s infrastructure: key role on the North-Western European market
- Offtake by gas-fired power stations increases by nearly one quarter
- Belgian gas trading places continue to thrive: ZTP up 46%
- Small-scale LNG remains successful and natural gas as a fuel for transport continues to rise
7.5% reduction in natural gas transmission tariffs in sight
Natural gas transmission tariffs are set to drop for the third time in five years on 1 January 2018, which will have a positive impact on gas bills for individuals, SMEs as well as large companies. This decrease is triggered by the interim tariff revision mechanism provided for in CREG’s tariff decision.
Regulated information: 2017 results
- Regulated turnover remains stable
- Net profit increases by €21.8 million, €16.2 million of which is due to the one-off impact of tax reform
- Tax reform has positive impact on future tariffs but no effect on the dividend to be paid out
- Fluxys Belgium proposes to the Annual General Meeting on 8 May 2018 a gross dividend of €1.23 per share
- Successful long-term bond issue worth €350 million
- Investments: €83.4 million, mainly for the construction of the fifth tank at the Zeebrugge LNG terminal
- Belgian network plays key role as a natural gas crossroads: border-to-border transmission volumes up 20%
- Gas-fired power plants crucial to security of electricity supply
- Belgian gas trading still growing steadily
- Transmission tariffs drop by approximately 7.5% in 2018
- Natural gas as a fuel for transport continues to rise
Qatar Terminal Limited and Fluxys LNG sign long-term agreement for Zeebrugge LNG terminal
Qatar Petroleum subsidiary Qatar Terminal Limited (QTL) and Fluxys Belgium subsidiary Fluxys LNG today signed a long-term LNG Services Agreement for the Zeebrugge LNG terminal. Under the agreement, QTL subscribes unloading slots at the facility from the expiry of the current long-term unloading contracts and up to 2044.
Rudy Van Beurden
+32 2 282 72 30
+32 2 282 74 50