Fluxys Logo | Go to homepage
Products & Services
Becoming a shipper
Determining capacity need
Terms & Conditions
Connect to the Belgian grid
Guarantees of origin for green gas
Gas & Innovation
The Fluxys group
Management & Governance
NEL & EUGAL Pipelines
Transitgas Pipeline System
Safety & Environment
Construction site history
Safety and Environment
Regulated information: 2016 results
- Regulated revenue in the new regulatory period down as a result of the decrease in a number of authorised costs: operating expenses, financial expenses, and the authorised return affected by the continuing very low level of interest rates
- Fluxys Belgium will propose to the Annual General Meeting to be held on 9 May 2017 paying out the same gross dividend as the previous year, namely €1.20 per share
- Investments: €139.2 million, mainly relating to the fifth tank and the second jetty at the Zeebrugge LNG terminal
- Belgian grid plays a key role in meeting flexibility needs for the Northwest European and UK markets
- Belgian gas trading place ZTP hits record highs (up 50%)
- Small-scale LNG enjoys continued success and natural gas as a transport fuel makes considerable progress
First transshipment at Zeebrugge LNG terminal
The Zeebrugge LNG terminal performed its first direct ship-to-ship transfer of liquefied natural gas (LNG) today. The successful completion of the operation marks the start of LNG transshipment services at the facility.
Regulated information: 2018 results
• Regulated turnover stable
• Net profit: €54.5 million
• Proposal to the Annual General Meeting on 14 May 2019: gross dividend of €1.26 per share (2017: €1.23)
• Investments: €78.1 million, mainly for the construction of the fifth tank at the Zeebrugge LNG terminal
• Cold spell and peak demand for gas-fired power generation: Fluxys Belgium grid once again proves its robustness
• Sharp increase in terminalling of large volumes of LNG at Zeebrugge facility
• Belgium takes a first step towards green gas for consumers
Fluxys and Enagás close transfer of Swedegas
Belgian and Spanish natural gas infrastructure companies Fluxys and Enagás have closed the joint sale to FS Gas Transport AB of their total stake in Swedegas, owner and operator of the high-pressure gas grid in Sweden.
Energy transition in the port of Antwerp: new impetus for LNG as an alternative fuel for ships
Fluxys has taken over the concession in the port of Antwerp at quay 526-528 to make liquefied natural gas (LNG) available as an alternative fuel for ships and barges, in one of the Port Authority's key initiatives to make the port's activities more sustainable. Fluxys will add a permanent LNG bunkering facility by the end of next year to complement the existing mobile (truck-to-ship) bunkering service.
World’s first top category ice class LNG carrier calls at Zeebrugge LNG terminal
The world’s first top category ice class LNG carrier has docked at the Zeebrugge liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal for a series of scheduled operations. The vessel will be serving the Yamal LNG production terminal under construction in North Siberia.
Important step in the development of the hydrogen economy: plan for the first industrial power-to-gas installation in Belgium (Zeebrugge)
Eoly (part of Colruyt Group), Parkwind and Fluxys want to build an installation in Zeebrugge to convert renewable electricity into green hydrogen on an industrial scale. The feasibility study for the project turned out positive and today, the consortium is issuing a call for tenders for its construction. The partners aim to take a final investment decision after the summer.
Joint press release - TSOs intend to launch single German market area in October 2021
The joint, nationwide market area to be established in Germany will presumably start operations on 1 October 2021. This is the date the German gas transmission system operators (TSOs) have agreed with the Federal Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur), the national regulatory authority. The TSOs believe that the planned timing, which coincides with the start of the gas year, is the most convenient solution for market participants from an operational perspective.
The Snam, Enagás, Fluxys consortium signs the agreements for the acquisition of 66% of the Greek operator DESFA
The European consortium consisting of Snam (60%), Enagás (20%) and Fluxys (20%) signed today in Athens the agreements with the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) and Hellenic Petroleum for the acquisition of a 66% interest in DESFA, the national operator in the natural gas infrastructure sector.
Green Gas Initiative report
The Green Gas Initiative has launched its first report on how gas and gas infrastructure can help to achieve the European objectives for reducing carbon and other harmful emissions. The report focuses on three main topics: biomethane, power to gas and gas as a fuel in road and maritime transport.
Regulated information: results for the first half of 2019
25/09/2019 - Information on key events in the first half of 2019 and their impact on the financial situation of Fluxys Belgium.
PEGAS ZTP monthly gas price index attractive new option for end users and suppliers in Belgium
14 September 2017 – As liquidity and market depth at the Belgian gas trading place ZTP continues to increase, pan-European gas trading platform PEGAS has launched a ZTP monthly price index. The monthly index offers end users and grid users in Belgium an attractive alternative for currently used price references in gas supply contracts.
Fluxys Belgium: successful long-term bond issuance of €350 million
Fluxys Belgium has successfully issued two bonds with a total nominal value of €350 million at historically low credit spreads and for long-term maturities. Total market appetite reached €880 million, which reconfirms the confidence of European institutional investors in Fluxys Belgium’s credit quality and the key role of the Belgian natural gas grid as crossroads for Northwestern Europe.
Regulated information: 2019 results
• Turnover up to €531.0 million (2018: €503.2 million)
• Net profit up to €69.5 million (2018: €54.5 million)
• Proposal to the Annual General Meeting on 12 May 2020:
gross dividend of €1.30 per share (2018: €1.26 per share)
• Investments in infrastructure: €91.3 million, mainly for the construction of the fifth storage tank at the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Zeebrugge
• 2020-2023 transmission tariffs approved: reduction in tariffs
• Zeebrugge LNG terminal boosts its prospects
o Record traffic for both large-scale and small-scale LNG
o Unloading of LNG carriers: new long-term contract until 2044
o LNG transshipments: start of long-term contract until end 2039
• Practical steps to move the energy transition forward: fully targeting green gas and already achieving results with natural gas
• Roll-out of action plan to halve our own greenhouse gas emissions by 2025
Planning permission received for de-odorisation plant
In late October, the regional authorities in Freiburg granted planning permission for the de-odorisation plant near Schwörstadt (in the district of Lörrach in Baden-Württemberg). Preparatory construction activities are already underway.
Fluxys becomes core shareholder of Dunkirk LNG terminal
Today, Fluxys with consortium partners AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets, acting on behalf of its clients, and Crédit Agricole Assurances have closed the transaction to jointly acquire from EDF and Total a 35.76% stake in Dunkerque LNG, owner of the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Dunkirk. Through the acquisition the Dunkirk LNG terminal is now part of the Fluxys group.
Fluxys and Novatek take a new step for mid-scale LNG storage terminal in the port of Rostock, Germany
Today, the Fluxys and Novatek joint venture Rostock LNG GmbH has signed a Land Lease Agreement with the Port of Rostock with a view to building and operating a mid-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage terminal in the port. The envisaged facility is to unlock LNG as a low emission alternative for heavy fuel oil, diesel and LPG in North and Central Europe and the Baltic Sea area.
Colruyt Group (Eoly), Parkwind and Fluxys join forces in power-to-gas
Eoly, part of Colruyt Group, Fluxys and Parkwind have set up a collaboration to boost the sustainability of the energy landscape in Belgium. The ambition is to build an industrial-scale power-to-gas installation that converts green electricity into green hydrogen that can be transported and stored in the existing natural gas infrastructure.
Fluxys merger with wholly owned subsidiary Fluxys Finance
Fluxys today has undertaken an acquisition merger with its wholly owned subsidiary Fluxys Finance that was in charge of the centralised management of cash funds and financing within the group. These activities will now be carried out by Fluxys itself.
Regulated information: results for the first half of 2017
Information on key events in the first half of 2017 and their impact on the financial situation of Fluxys Belgium
- Turnover up, mainly due to the start of contracts for gas transmission between Dunkirk and Zeebrugge
- Slight upturn in interest rates has positive impact on the Group’s results
- €36.0 million in investments, mainly in the fifth storage tank and second jetty at the LNG terminal in Zeebrugge
- Fluxys Belgium’s infrastructure: key role on the North-Western European market
- Offtake by gas-fired power stations increases by nearly one quarter
- Belgian gas trading places continue to thrive: ZTP up 46%
- Small-scale LNG remains successful and natural gas as a fuel for transport continues to rise