Connect local producers of green gas to the Belgian grid
Play an important role in Belgium's energy mix. Get your green gas into our grid and supply households and businesses with a carbon-neutral energy source.
Request a gas connection to the Belgian grid
You want to connect your local gas production to the Belgian grid:
- Fill in our information form.
- Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will then get in touch with you to make an appointment.
- At our first meeting, we will discuss your injection requirements and run through the full connection process in detail.
Your feasibility study
This feasibility study will indicate the most advantageous connection options for your site. Feasibility studies, which take at least 8 weeks to complete, look into:
- The best technical route for your connection.
- The capacity of Fluxys' gas injection station and its required functionalities
- The permits that will be required to built the connection and the gas injection station
- How much time obtaining all those permits will take.
Your offer and Standard Connection Agreement - Local Producer
Once the feasibility study has been concluded, you will receive a customised offer setting out:
- A schedule for your connection
- All the relevant technical data concerning your connection and the construction of Fluxys' gas injection station.
- A budget
- The annual capacity for which you will subscribe
- The amount of the bank guarantee to provide
In the Standard Connection Agreement - Local Producer, you confirm that you are one of our customers. You can consult this document in French or in Dutch and the appendixes in French or in Dutch.
Who will bear which costs?
Fluxys will bear some of the investment costs for the work done in the public domain and in the gas injection station. In return:
- You or your supplier will book annual transmission capacity for the number of years set out in your offer.
- You will also provide us with a bank guarantee.
You will bear the investment costs for any connection and installation work done on your site.
Please bear in mind that the further away your site happens to be from one of our pipelines, the higher the investment costs may be.
What is the waiting time for your connection?
The time elapsing between your application and the commissioning of your connection will depend on a number of factors:
- The duration of the permit procedures
- The length of the pipeline to be installed
- The construction and commissioning of the gas injection station
- The degree of technical difficulty involved Especially due to the time required to obtain permits, you should anticipate a waiting time of between 24 and 46 months.
Useful link for you
- Production-register-for-green-gasRequest guarantees of origin for green gas
Your point of contact
- Denis Bawin
- Ivan Brysens
- Not yet a customer?
- Questions regarding our Products & ServicesCommercial team