Privacy notice - applicants
Fluxys is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This document contains all legally mandatory information by GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
What information does Fluxys process?
Fluxys potentially processes the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identification data, such as, for example, name, address, phone number, …
- Professional data, such as, for example, profession, education, professional experience and information, language and other skills, (current and offered) contract and labour conditions, …
- Financial data, such as, for example, (current or offered) salary, other allowances and benefits in kind, …
- Personal, physical and psychical characteristics, such as, for example, date of birth, nationality, results of (psycho-)technical testing, performance and development information, possession of driver’s licence, …
- Medical data, for example in the light of legally mandatory medical check-ups
- Pictures and camera images (e.g. security cameras, video-interviews)
Who is responsible for processing this information?
Why does Fluxys process your personal data?
Your personal data are processed to carry out Fluxys’ business activities, among which the following purposes::
- Recruitment and selection
- Well-being, health and security policies
- Access control and safety of Fluxys buildings and facilities
- Management of claims
This processing is carried out on the following legal bases:
- it is, in response to your application, necessary for Fluxys to evaluate if a contract offer can be drafted
- it is necessary in the context of the legitimate interests of Fluxys or a third party (e.g. when we register your personal data in our internal administration tool))
- it is necessary in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g. in the context of mandatory medical check-ups)
- when you have consented to the processing
How is your personal information collected?
Personal data Fluxys processes are partially provided by yourself, and partially by other sources (such as, for example, Fluxys itself, recruitment agencies, assessment and development centers, people you have indicated as referees, …).
With whom does Fluxys share your personal information?
Internally, access to your information will exclusively be given to those Fluxys collaborators (i.e. employees and contractors working for the Fluxys group) who need this information to carry out their job.
In addition, Fluxys may need to share, in the context of the purposes mentioned above, specific information with third parties (who need this information to provide services to Fluxys) such as:
- our service providers such as, for example, assessment and development centers, the keeper of our paper archives and ICT service providers
- our professional advisors such as, for example, law firms
In that context, it is possible that personal data are transferred outside of the European Economic Area (for example when servers of one of our service providers are located in the United States, or to our affiliate in Switzerland). In such case, Fluxys will make sure that the information is protected by safeguards by making, for example, the necessary agreements with the service provider concerned.
What is the retention time?
Personal data shall not be kept longer than necessary to achieve the purposes stated above, and taking into account the applicable limitation period for a potential complaint or legal claim.
How is your personal information processed?
Your personal information is processed in accordance with the regulation on personal data processing. Fluxys takes the right organisational and technical measures. This implies, among other measures, security features regarding Fluxys facilities and ICT infrastructure and multiple internal procedures regarding access to information and management of confidentiality of data.
What are your rights regarding the processing of your personal data?
You have certain legal rights regarding the processing of your personal information. Summary of these rights:
- Access – You can ask access to the personal data we process about you.
- Rectification– If your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your information.
- Deletion – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion of your information (for example when you think it has been processed illegally).
- Transfer– You have the possibility to obtain, under certain circumstances, your information in a structured and machine readable form so you can reuse it for your own purposes.
- Limitation of further use– Under certain circumstances, you can ask us to limit (further) use of your information. For example, when you dispute the correctness of some information, you can limit further processing of the data during the time Fluxys controls their correctness.
- Objection– You can object some processing, for example when the processing is based on Fluxys’ or a third party’s legitimate interests (cfr. above) you can object based on reasons that are specifically linked to your situation.
- Withdraw of consent– If you have given your consent for a specific processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent. This has no impact on the legitimacy of the data processing carried out before your withdrawal.
- Press charges – If you have charges against the processing of your personal data by Fluxys, we ask you to contact Fluxys’ Data Protection Officer (see contact details below) first. If you wish to do so, you can register a complaint at the Data Protection Administration.
More information can be obtained via Fluxys’ Data Protection Officer (see contact details below) or via the website of the Data Protection Administration.
If you wish to exercise one of your rights, you can contact Fluxys’ Data Protection Officer (see contact details below).
The above mentioned rights are not absolute. This means Fluxys has the right to reject your request under certain circumstances (for example when consent with your request would undermine Fluxys’ rights or legitimate interests) and/or will collect reasonable administrative charges (for example in case of very extensive requests).
For sure, we will reply as soon as possible to your request. If we need more than one month to respond to your demand, we will let you know.
What if you do not want to share your personal information?
If you do not want to share some personal data with Fluxys, or if you wish to exercise your right to deletion, limitation, objection or withdrawal of consent (see above), consequences will depend on the type of information and the purpose of processing. In some cases Fluxys will no longer be able to take your application into account, for example if you do not want us to register details about your professional experience in your application file.
Who to contact for further questions?