IBT Stores and Logistics Administrator
We are seeking a Stores and Logistics Administrator to join our team at Bacton Gas Terminal, to provide support to our daily operations. This is a permanent role.
The primary aim of this role is to support the site operations and maintenance team in ensuring that suitable parts, equipment, spares and consumables are available to support all operational, routine maintenance and breakdown activities. Stock inventory management, recording, communication and reporting are key activities in this role. There will also be ad-hoc requests to assist the wider team in achieving essential site tasks.
- Assist site Operations & Maintenance personnel where required to support continued safe Operations
- Emergency First Aider
- Muster Warden
- Support Mechanical Department for managing rigging store, inspections, colour coding, quarantining and raising need for any repair or replacement items in accordance with PUWER & LOLER requirements as requested
- Provide Procurement support to ensure suitable levels of critical spares & materials are stocked and available
- Raising Purchase Orders within the companies’ procedures where required
- Maintaining ‘Day Book’ to record incoming documents and information
- Participate in site Safety Walkthroughs
- Support general activities for Shutdowns, Outages and Winter Plan maintenance, including furnishing welfare arrangements, setting out of equipment, plant & equipment movements and liaising with visiting contractors.
- Liaison with transport and logistics companies for deliveries, shipping of goods and customs management
- Providing support to site Administration and IBT Data & Doc Controller
- Use INT Permit to Work System where required to ensure safe activities are carried out
Stores and Inventory Control
- Receiving deliveries and Goods Receipting onto the system
- Managing Equipment Manifests and delivery notes
- Management of the SAP MRP system spares and materials ordering
- Ensuring Hazardous Substances, Radiation Sources and other items requiring specific attention are suitably labelled, stored and managed in accordance with COSHH assessments and manufacturer’s instructions. The IBT Radiation Protection Supervisor will provide detailed guidance.
- Carry out COSHH assessments where required
- Issuing spares to work orders
- Creating inventory parts for stock items
- Liaising with Engineering and suppliers to register new spares requirements in the system and assist in determining minimum and maximum holdings
- Stock checks of all materials, equipment and parts held and recorded in the SAP system, including support for finance audits of the stores and IBT holdings, reports and information requests.
- Searching for and liaising with suppliers, gaining costs & estimates
- Security of stores and inventory parts and materials
- Maintaining off-site storage
- Organising skip changes and waste collections as required
- Escorting skip lorries on site
- Overseeing tanker loading tasks observing all safety protocols
- Assisting Gas Quality & Environmental Engineer where required
- Assist with Decontamination of equipment as required
- Collection of deliveries, equipment and materials
- Escorting vehicles on site for deliveries, collections, tankers or service providers
- Forklift operations for deliveries and off-loading and maintenance support
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience
- IT Systems literate and able to pick up new systems quickly
- Drivers Licence
- Good spoken and written communication skills and ability to assist in developing procedures on stores, procurement and use of company I.T. & Business systems
- Able to summarise complex situations and report on key issues and priorities
Important core competencies required
- Technical related skills:
- Ability to practice personal safety and vigilance in the identification of safety hazards to actively to ensure a safe and hazard free environment. Ability to maintain focus on a safety first approach
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements relating to maintenance activities and equipment e.g. LOLER, PUWER, Working at Height and COSHH, including
- identification of hazardous substances labelling and standard identification and storage of materials
- Fork Lift Truck certification and experience and Banksman
- Emergency First Aider as a minimum
- Moving and Handling principles/Manual Handling and related mechanical aids
- Use of I.T. & Business systems to manage stock inventory, procurement, parts management, goods receipting and invoice posting
- Positive and Self-motivated:
- Shows calm and focus under pressure
- Ability to positively support others and communicate a cooperative approach
- Positive, Self-motivated and resilient with an ability to help others to keep going towards a goal or objective.
- Flexible and supportive of work schedule changes and plans
- Good attention to detail by focusing on the task in-hand and avoiding distraction, the ability to recognise the component parts of a process or object and to be able to verify the correctness of error in the process or object.
- Communication related skills:
- Shows leadership in safety by openly discussing and reporting safety related observations
- Faced with conflicting work fronts able to communicate issues and support colleagues with work priority
Behavioural competencies required
- Team Orientated Player
- Performance orientated and flexible
- Structured and organised with a focus on planning and quality control
- Effective Decision Maker
For further information or to formally apply please email your CV, a covering letter and salary expectations to the HR department at email@example.com quoting the job title as a reference.