IBT Health and Safety Advisor
We are seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team at Bacton Gas Terminal, to provide support to our daily operations and the wider business. This is a permanent role.
The primary aim of the Health & Safety Advisor is to continually ensure the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors and visitors.
- Safety leadership, promoting and delivering a positive Health, Safety and Welfare culture to all site staff, contractors and visitors
- Promoting positive working practices, review and improvement culture
- Represent INT at Safety and Security Forums and liaise with neighbouring Operators (the Bacton complex) on associated matters
- Assist in development and application of the INT frameworks including Key practices and principles where applicable.
Health, Safety & Welfare
- Promote positive and proactive measures to help all aspects of personnel wellbeing
- Promote, monitor and report on all aspects of Process Safety
- Communicating Health, Safety and Welfare goals to site personnel, contractors and visitors
- Providing advice in relation to Health, Safety and Welfare matters by keeping pace with guidance and regulation and key HS&W matters relating to the operation.
- Participating in Health and Safety Executive site audits and assisting with reporting, communication, review and close out of any actions
- Conducting audits, reviews, investigations and reporting in line with company standards and procedures
- Participating in Risk Assessments and safety reviews
- Liaison with Engineering team to participate in safety related assessments and reviews and to ensure site knowledge is considered in change and obsolescent management
- Monitoring and reporting on various HS&W aspects relating to measurement, monitoring of physical and environmental impacts during work activities
- Administration of site information and communications in relation to Health, Safety & Welfare
- The Health, Safety, Welfare Advisor will support the team by maintaining First Aid and Mental Health First aid competences
- Assisting with assessments, audits, reviews and development of operations and maintenance process and procedure in order to drive continuous improvement
- Foster a ‘one team’ approach with all other IUK entities, working with other departments in IUK’s and the team’s best interests. Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with all other IUK departments, stakeholders and individuals to maximise safety, efficiency and plant operability.
Emergency Response & Security
- Supporting all aspects of Emergency Response on site, including desktop exercises, drills, live exercises, procedure administration and supporting role in an emergency event
- Participate in emergency response planning and procedure development as required
- Attending Terminal and H&S related forums e.g. Bacton Security Forum and Norfolk Resilience Forum meetings
- Liaison with Terminal Security and adjacent operators in relation to all relevant Security matters
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Professional membership of HS&W organisation; Tech IOSH or equivalent along with preferred NEBOSH qualification
- Previous experience in oil and gas or other hazardous site related Health, Safety & Welfare role
- Experience of task risk assessments in Process Safety related environment, ideally in the gas industry or similar.
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of departments, contactors and support vendors in a positive manner to support an open and fair safety and progress reporting culture
- An understanding of Electrical Safety including management and mitigation of risks associated with Electricity and Electrical Equipment.
Important core competencies required
- Guidance & Support - ability to provide clear and concise HS&W information and guidance to staff, management and other relevant stakeholders relating to Terminal Operations
- Auditing - ability to facilitate, assist and participate in a wide range of audits, investigation and reporting
- Emergency Response Support – facilitate, support and communicate
- Communications – clear, unambiguous communications with all stakeholders regarding all relevant HS&W Terminal business
- HS&W Administration
Behavioural competencies required
- Performance orientated and flexible
- Positive team player
- Structured and organised with a focus on planning and quality control
- Good attention to detail
- Effective Decision Maker
- Committed to ongoing personal development
For further information or to formally apply please email your CV, a covering letter and salary expectations to the HR department at email@example.com quoting the job title as a reference.