LNG in France
Dunkerque LNG has a regasification capacity of 13 billion m³ per year.
10 billion of those are already sold: 8 to EDF and 1,5 to Total. The remaining 3 billion m³ are available for marketing.
The Dunkerque LNG terminal offers its customers a series of key advantages:
- Three 200.000 m³ storage tanks – some of the biggest in Europe
- A deep water port for year-round accessibility
- True flexibility to accommodate all sizes of vessel, from 5.000 m³ to the world's largest Qmax LNG carriers (265.000 m³)
Its innovative design makes it possible to optimise the upstream market (for gas import contracts), as well as the downstream market (network send-out) via the allocation of confirmed transmission rights:
- Number of unloading/reloading slots
- Storage capacity
- Minimum and maximum send-out
These storage rights are managed on the basis of complete transparency between the terminal and its customers. This enables the kind of flexibility required to vary network send-out volumes in response to demand and trading movements. The Dunkerque LNG terminal also has direct connections to 2 European gas markets:
- The French market: PEG Nord
- The Belgian market: ZPT and IZT
Storage and send-out
The tank inventory level and send out are managed entirely by the shipper up to the limit of the rights allocated. This option is unique to France, and enables customers to engage in trading operations to maximise the value creation potential of their gas and LNG portfolio. Shippers may opt simultaneously for the French and Belgian networks to further diversify supplies in north-western Europe.
In addition to its standard services, Dunkerque LNG offers a number of special services in response to needs shared by all its customers:
- Gassing up of LNG carrier tanks
- Cooling down of LNG carrier tanks
- Inerting of LNG carrier tanks
- Unloading excess LNG prior to topping up
- Port services: ships stores, bunkering, maintenance, etc.
These services may be requested by the shipper at any time.
ChargesThe Dunkerque LNG terminal is not a regulated organisation, and is therefore under no obligation to publish its charges. Please contact the sales team for further information.
- Dunkerque LNGQuestions relating to our LNG Services in Dunkirk?