Working within a multi-disciplined Maintenance team, you will safely maintain mechanical equipment and systems. You will also prepare plant and equipment for maintenance activities as defined within the maintenance procedures which you will be capable of reviewing.
The position also requires the post holder to carry out their duties within the company’s Permit to Work system and safety management systems, processes and procedures. As a Mechanical Technician you work in dayshifts, Monday to Friday with some ad-hoc overtime working. Flexibility is required to help maintain a 24/7/365 operation. You will be based at our Gas Compression Terminal and associated Pressure Let Down facilities at the Bacton Gas Terminal, North Norfolk, England.
- Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Technician, carry out or participate in safe, compliant, Maintenance activities, ensuring that HSSE expectations are met.
- Take account of Health, Safety and Environmental implications of all activities
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance, inspections,fault diagnosis, repair and testing of mechanical equipment
- Testing and commissioning of repairs and new equipment
- Liaison with vendors and service providers and supervising site visits
- Liaising with other disciplines and assist in planning and execution of activities
- Provision of technical advice to site management and other IUK groups
- Assist with optimisation of plant and equipment performance.
- Participation in Risk Assessments and reviews
NVQ Level 3 in a Mechanical discipline or an Accredited Apprenticeship Programme.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum of 3 years in Oil, Gas or similar industry with transferable skills.
- Self-motivated, works well with and can manage a small team
- Candidates will preferably demonstrate experience in a similar role as a Mechanical Technician.
- Proven track record of performing within a multi-disciplined team.
- Understanding of Risk Assessment process
- Basic computer literacy. Preferably proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop procedures and practices. Must be a good written and verbal communicator.
- Successful candidates will have a strong track record of delivering on performance targets and will be acknowledged as having the performance qualities to contribute to high performing and diverse teams.
- Based at the Bacton Gas Terminal, North Norfolk, the successful applicant must be within a reasonable commuting distance from site. Travel to other operating sites, vendors and head offices may be required.
- Shortlisted applicants may be subject to assessments and testing in order to demonstrate the required skills and attributes for the role.
- All employees are recruited not just on their technical competency but also on their behavioral competencies. A team and performance orientated candidate that is organised yet flexible with the ability to effectively make decisions will be suited to this role.
Apply for this job
For further information or to formally apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference IUK17.