Day Shift Operator
Working within the Operations Team you will carry out a wide range of operational duties in support of the Shift Engineers and Operations department. You will also assist with managing day to day activities relating to Safe Systems of Work and its associated processes on a rotational basis.
This is a key position within the team and the successful candidate will help to drive a strong Safety culture and to promote the companies Health, Safety and Environmental goals. As a Day Shift Operator, you will work Day Shifts Monday to Friday and will be based at our Gas Compression Terminal and associated Pressure Let Down facilities at the Bacton Gas Terminal, North Norfolk, England.
- Responsibilities will include operational tasks in accordance with company procedures to help ensure safe and reliable operations. You will also assist with administration of the Permit to Work System and related tasks to facilitate safe work activity on site, including maintenance and project works. You will contribute to preparation of plant and equipment for maintenance activities as defined in our procedures.
- The role will include participation in wide ranging reviews including Risk Assessments, Alarm management and more general Safety related procedures.
- This position requires flexibility to provide cover and support to the Shift Operations team in the event of unplanned Operator absence.
Qualifications and experience required
- You must have previous experience in plant operations with relevant qualifications and experience of Safe Systems of Work and in particular Permit to Work Systems. Experience should be at least 5 years in the Oil, Gas or similar industry with transferable skills.
- A Safety qualification or professional membership would be an advantage along with a knowledge of Safety Management Systems.
- This role would suit those wishing to develop their skills and experience into a wide range of operational areas.
- Motivated and high performing individuals with a proven track record of working within a multi -disciplined team are invited to apply for this role.
Apply for this job
For further information or to formally apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting IUK15. There are currently two vacancies for this job.