Safety for end consumers in Belgium
Location plan - connection point indicates who is responsible for safe operation
A location plan is drawn up of the infrastructure for each connection. The location plan clearly indicates the connection point:
- Up to the connection point for the end user: the natural gas transmission infrastructure is the property of Fluxys Belgium and safe operation of the infrastructure is our responsibility;
- From the end user’s connection point onwards: the natural gas transmission infrastructure is the property of the end user and the safe operation of the infrastructure falls under the responsibility of the end user.
Works on your grounds - obligation to notify
If you plan to carry out works on your grounds in the immediate vicinity of our natural gas transmission infrastructure, you are legally required to notify us during the planning phase (Royal Decree of 21 September 1988).
Good practices for safe operation of natural gas transmission infrastructure on your grounds
- If you carry out works, or have works carried out, on your grounds, draw up a safety plan and safety procedures.
- Make sure that the location plans for natural gas transmission infrastructure on your grounds are up-to-date: they are an important tool for anyone carrying out works on your grounds.
- Signposting natural gas transmission lines on your grounds is also an important safety measure: signs and marker posts guarantee visibility of the pipelines above ground.
- It is advisable to create an area 5 m on both sides of any natural gas transmission lines on your grounds where no buildings are constructed, materials are not allowed to accumulate, the relief of the soil is not changed and trees are not planted.