L / H capacity switch service
Switch your capacity at the Hilvarenbeek L gas interconnection point to any H gas interconnection point.
L gas production from The Netherlands' Groningen field is gradually declining, and by 2030 the Netherlands will stop exporting L gas. In light of this, we are gradually switching our Belgian L gas network to an H gas network.
Does your portfolio include unbundled L gas entry capacity at Hilvarenbeek?
If so, in order to balance your changing portfolio you can switch the required capacity on a yearly basis to any H gas interconnection point.
How much L-gas entry capacity can be converted?
Once a year, at the latest by end of May, so before the publication of the yearly auction on PRISMA, the percentage of L-gas entry capacity that can be transferred under the L/H Capacity Switch Service is defined based on the part of the L-gas market that has been physically converted since 1 June 2018.
How does the subscription window work?
- You will receive an email from us with an application form.
- In this form you need to indicate how much of your unbundled L gas entry capacity at Hilvarenbeek you want to switch to your preferred H gas interconnection point on a yearly basis.
- Return the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 2 business days after acquiring the new transmission services (yearly auctions).
- During the yearly auction on PRISMA, you can book the required capacity at your preferred interconnection point for the respective gas year.
- We will then replace your existing capacity with your new capacity.
- You will receive the capacity you booked in the subscription window within seven working days of the end of the yearly auction in July.
This is a free service but you may be charged an auction premium when booking the new capacity on PRISMA.
Your point of contact
- Svetlana Bochkova
- Corentin Cassiers
- Julien Cruz
- Fréderic Gille
- Werner Luyts