Market integrity and transparency
The main aims of REMIT (Regulation (EU) No 1227/2011 on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency) are to increase the transparency and stability of the European wholesale energy markets while combating market manipulation and trading based on inside information.
REMIT introduces a legal framework to monitor wholesale energy markets that requires:
- A disclosure regime for inside information in relation to wholesale energy products.
- Reporting of transactions in wholesale energy products (trade data).
- Reporting information relating to the capacity and use of facilities, including planned and unplanned maintenance (fundamental data).
The Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER) plays a central role in the new monitoring framework under REMIT and Fluxys Belgium, Fluxys TENP, Interconnector, Fluxys LNG and Dunkerque LNG provide trade and fundamental data to the Agency.
Additionally, we publish the following information:
- Urgent market messages (UMMs) in accordance with Article 4(1) of REMIT on the different Electronic Data Platforms.
- Information on maintenance activity on the different Electronic Data Platforms.
- Transparency information required by Chapter 3 of Annex 1 to Regulation (EC) No 715/2009.