Control Systems and Instrumentation Engineer
Working within a multi-disciplined Engineering Team, the successful candidate will provide assistance in Control Systems and Instrumentation engineering in support of projects and operational issues arising at the sites. Manage and lead the delivery of assigned projects. Control, maintain and develop project and department plans, schedules, standards, procedures and other management control documents.
- Promote a strong, positive and open safety reporting culture throughout the company and supporting organisations to ensure compliance with HSSE requirements.
- Actively seek to improve safety by early identification of risks.
- Manage projects from initial design, through implementation to close out using internal and external resources (outsourced providers, contractors and specialist suppliers) as necessary to deliver the projects.
- Provide control systems and instrument expertise to ensure adherence to appropriate standards for engineering and quality in design, project execution and installation
- Provide support to the engineering team through the preparation and maintenance of equipment lists, planning schedules, standards and procedures. Oversee safety systems functional life cycle tasks and obsolescence long range planning.
Degree in instrumentation and control system engineering or related subject, ideally with or working towards professional qualifications (CEng).
Essential experience and job requirements
5+ years post qualification experience typically defined by some of the following:
- Preparing and implementing instrument and control system designs for the oil and gas or process industries
- Working in multi-disciplined engineering teams in a design house or operator engineering/project management environment.
- Design and project experience through all phases of the project life cycle (from concept development, though detailed design to commissioning and operational handover) including modification projects for operational sites
- Preparing and implementing new designs or modification packages for ESD and F&G systems for the oil and gas or process industries
- Familiar with the requirements of relevant standards e.g. DSEAR, IEC 61508 Functional Safety and cyber security for control systems
- Discipline engineer or project engineer responsible for the delivery of defined packages of work.
- Preparation of budget estimates and plans, tracking and controlling costs and progress
- Preparation of test acceptance procedures and participation in factory and site testing
- Site experience, planning and executing installation and commissioning works, familiar with Permit to Work procedures
- Good understanding of process safety requirements and practices within the process industries e.g. Hazops
- Managing outsourced activities e.g. engineering design; maintenance
This role will require travel with extensive periods of time at the operating sites/contractors/suppliers.
You will need a strong safety focus and have confidence to challenge in a positive manner, processes, norms and ideas that could result in poor practice.
You will need to be able to manage your own performance, progress and workload and will need to be flexible in dealing with changes, ambiguity and in some cases, with conflicting information.
If you can work well across teams and groups, maintaining productive relationships with all stakeholders then you will fit well with this role.
Other competencies include being able to apply a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and a good commercial awareness including understanding of procurement processes and the execution and management of contracts in support of work.
For further information or to formally apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting IUK20.